Looking for Sprout Social alternatives? Sprout social is a well-known social media management tool that helps content marketers publish, analyze and monitor how their content is performing. It comes with scheduling and listening features as well. It is robust but not perfect because it has its own downsides depending on what you are looking for in a Sprout Social alternative.
In this article, we will be looking at how it compares to its alternatives based on features, social accounts, ease of use, pricing, team functionality and value for money.
Sprout Social Alternatives — Table of Contents
- Sprout Social Alternatives for Different Social Media Platforms
- Sprout Social Pricing — Cheaper XYZ’s Alternatives
- Sprout Social Value for Money — Which Alternative gives you more accounts, features and pending posts per $
- Sprout Social Ease of Use — User-friendly Alternatives
- Sprout Social Team Functionality
- Final Thoughts
Sprout Social Alternatives for Different Social Media Platforms
Sprout social supports scheduling to the following social media platforms:
Best Sprout Social Alternatives for Facebook
Sprout Social supports scheduling to multiple Facebook pages, content creation, collaboration and planning. It also has tools that monitor content performance and engagement to further enhance your content marketing efforts.
However, for marketers who are looking for Sprout Social alternatives, the following options will do great:
- Postfity — allows you to publish to multiple Facebook pages. You can schedule up to 10,000 pending posts and even bulk-upload 10,000 posts for scheduling. Schedule covers and even edit your graphics with the inbuilt editor. Manage your team with different levels of approval and track everything with a central content calendar. Try Postfity for free today!
- MeetEdgar — publish or schedule to Facebook pages. The content calendar helps you stay on track with your schedule.
- Publer — bulk-upload to schedule to multiple Facebook pages. Preview posts before scheduling and use analytics to check how your content is performing.
Best Sprout Social Alternatives for Twitter
Sprout Social supports scheduling and monitoring multiple Twitter profiles. You can analyze how your tweets are performing and collaborate with your team to create content.
If you are looking for Sprout Social alternatives, these 3 options will be best:
- Postfity — supports scheduling to multiple Twitter profiles. Bulk upload upto 10,000 tweets for scheduling. Manage a team and collaborate to schedule content. Content ideas calendar helps inspire your team with relevant content during content creation.
- MeetEdgar — supports scheduling to multiple Twitter profiles. The content calendar helps you stay on track with your schedule.
- Publer — publish or schedule to multiple Twitter profiles. Bulk scheduling helps you send out tweets at once. Work with your team to schedule content and preview before sending to the calendar.
Best Sprout Social Alternatives for Instagram
Sprout Social helps content marketers schedule content, manage comments, monitor hashtags and run reports to see how the content is performing.
If you are looking for alternatives to Sprout Social, the following apps will do the job:
- Planoly — schedule content to your Instagram pages. Best for ecommerce shops because it allows you to tag a product on the photo with a link to your storefront to increase sales.
- SkedSocial — an Instagram-first tool that helps marketers to schedule content and stay on track of their publishing schedule using the content calendar.
- Buffer — schedule content to your Instagram stories and pages. Track the performance of the content and analyse where to improve.
Best Sprout Social Alternatives for LinkedIn
Sprout Social helps content marketers to plan and schedule LinkedIn content for their campaigns, engage followers and analyze how their content is performing.
These tools below are great for marketers who want Sprout Social alternatives:
- Postfity — schedule to LinkedIn pages and personal profiles. Upload in bulk upto 10,000 posts and set schedules for them to go out. Allows for managing a team with different levels of approval. The content calendar helps you stay on track of your content schedule.
- MeetEdgar — schedule posts to LinkedIn pages and keep track of your schedule through the content calendar.
- Publer — publish or schedule posts to LinkedIn pages and profiles as well. Enhance your LinkedIn marketing by analysing how your content is performing.
Best Sprout Social Alternatives for Vkontakte
Sprout Social does not support Vkontakte. However, this tool below does:
- Postfity — supports scheduling to Vkontakte groups, pages, profiles and events. You can have up to 10,000 pending posts. Bulk upload upto 10,000 posts to start scheduling and keep track of your content in one central calendar.
Sprout Social Pricing – Cheaper Sprout Social’s Alternatives
Sprout Social’s lowest price supports 5 social profiles and unlimited posts at $99 per user per month.
Alternatives to Sprout Social are priced as follows:
- Postfity — lowest plan supports 1 user, 15 social profiles and 100 pending posts at $14.99 per month.
Take your social management to the next level.
Find out the best plan for you:
recommended for most teams
- 200 social accounts
- 10000 Pending Posts
- 20 teams / 200 members
recommended for most users
- 30 social accounts
- 1000 Pending Posts
- 1 team / 10 members
recommended for beginners
- 15 social accounts
- 100 Pending Posts
- All prices are in USD and include VAT.
- 14 days money back guarantee!
- Valid for 30 days
- Up to 5 social accounts
- Up to 10 scheduled posts
- MeetEdgar — lowest plan supports 1 user, 3 social accounts and unlimited scheduled posts at $19 per month.
- Publer — lowest plan supports 1 user, 5 social accounts and unlimited scheduling for $10 per month.
From the comparison above, Sprout Social supports 5 social profiles and unlimited posts at $99 per user per month. Postfity, on the other hand, supports 15 social profiles and 100 pending posts at $14.99. Therefore, in terms of affordability and pricing Postfity is the best Sprout Social alternative.
Value for Money – Which Alternative gives you more accounts, features and pending posts per $
Pricing is not everything. At the end of the day, the customer wants value for money spent. Sprout Social charges $99 per user per month for 5 social profiles, unlimited posts and the following features:
- All-in-one social inbox
- Publish, schedule, draft and queue posts
- Social content calendar
- Review management
- Profiles, keywords and locations monitoring
- Tasking and social CRM tools
- Group, profile and post-level reporting
- Paid promotion tools to boost Facebook posts
- iOS and Android mobile apps
On the other hand, Postfity charges $14.99 per month for 1 user, 15 social profiles, 100 pending posts and the following features:
- Precise posts scheduling
- “Post now” — fast publishing to multiple social accounts at once
- Built-in image editor
- Browser extension
- Calendar view
- Post Ideas — interesting and trending posts suggestions
- Covers scheduling — up to 7 covers scheduled at once
- Link shortener
Sprout Social charges $99 for every user to access the features in their lowest plan. If you have 10 users that would be $990 per month. Postfity on the other hand charges a single price for the plans that accommodate teams without charging every single user. It’s cheapest plan gives you access to more social profiles, a content calendar, link shortener, cover scheduling and a built-in image editor for just $14.99 per month, 7x less than Sprout Social. This makes it our best value for money alternative to Sprout Social.
Sprout Social Ease of Use — User-friendly Alternatives
Sprout Social has a robust onboarding process to guide you through getting set up when you first sign up. Our experience with the app was very smooth and intuitive. However, a new user still requires a few days to familiarise with the features in the app which are all a bit complex.
If you are looking for Sprout Social alternatives that are easier to use, consider:
- Postfity — straightforward application with easy to set up accounts. Bug-free experience and you can see everything you need in one central menu.
- MeetEdgar — onboarding process is good, however, the app might sometimes feel like it is delaying to process a command.
- Publer — simple and quick to learn platform. Easy to set up and keep track of the content schedule.
Sprout Social supports teams and collaboration but charges based on per user basis. The lowest plan costs $99 per user per month, the mid-tier plan costs $149 per user per month while the largest plan is $249 per user per month.
Sprout Social alternatives compare as follows:
- Postfity — supports teams with the ability to set different approval levels. The mid-tier plan supports 1 team of 10 members at $44.99 per month while the largest plan supports 20 teams of 10 members each totalling up to 200 users at $119.99 per month.
- MeetEdgar — does not support teams and collaborations. Only supports one user per account.
- Publer — supports teams collaborating together. The mid-tier plan costs an additional $1 per user per month for any extra user while the largest plan costs $2 per user per month for every extra user.
In conclusion, Sprout Social both in terms of available features, pricing and complexity of the platform feels like it was developed for enterprise-level customers. It is not affordable for a small business. If you are content marketer looking for an alternative to Sprout Social, Postfity presents a great option due to the affordability, pricing, ease of use, team functionality and features.
Try Postfity for free today