Have you ever felt that the every second of your day could’ve been better? Here in Postfity we care about your time so we came up with some tips that should make your day more productive and enjoyable.
1. Start with exercise (it’s not simply to start a day when you’re going to work at 7, but try to squeeze a walk or squats at work)
Getting your body moving for as little as 10 minutes that makes your brain feel soothed and keeps you in control of your impulses. Exercising first thing in the morning improves your self-control and energy levels all day long.
2. No screen time until breakfast
The Internet is a big part of our lives, but try to eat breakfast with calm, not with the stress about news you just got. Check your e-mail after a healthy meal.
3. Eat a real breakfast
Proper meal will give you a right amount of energy to start your day right. It also eliminates the desire for snacks and you can calmly wait for lunch.
4. Set goals for the day – prioritize
Write things down when they pop into your head. If it isn’t related to what you’re doing, make a note to do it later. Don’t interrupt your current task to work on something else.
5. Clear the clutter from your workspace.
Having a clean desk will make you feel more relaxed and provide fewer distractions.
6. Turn off all notifications – no distractions!
This for sure will make your day more productive. Try to check your inbox time to time, not every time when it pops on screen. Stopping your job because of an e-mail makes task harder to accomplish.
7. Take short breaks throughout your workday.
By letting your brain think about something else for a while, you can come back to your desk with fresh eyes.
9. Eat healthy food.
Keep your brain power with right batteries what you eat have a huge impact in long-term. One cookie after full protein meal is not going to kill you though 😉
10. Do not snack during work
Your brain can not focus on working and eating at the same time. Let your taste buzz with eating 🙂
11. Figure out when you work best.
Whether you are an early bird or a night owl, try to get work done when your body is most alert.
12. At the end of each workday, write down the six most important things you need to accomplish tomorrow. Do not write down more than six tasks.
– Order those six tasks by importance
– The next day, concentrate only on the first task. Don‘t move to the second task until you finished the first one.
13. Drink water.
Your thinking gets fuzzy when the body is dehydrated, so making sure you’re getting enough water will keep your brain sharp.