Later is one of the world’s most popular tools for marketing on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Tiktok. It allows you to plan your posts on a visual board, schedule for publishing and get insights to help you improve your marketing. That said, it is not without its downsides depending on what you are looking for in a marketing tool platform: the biggest one being that it focuses a lot on Instagram marketing and therefore misses in many ways for other social media networks. If you are looking for a marketing platform for many social networks, you might need something more versatile than Later.
Later Alternatives – Table of Contents:
- Later Alternatives for Different Social Media Platforms
- Later Pricing – Cheaper Later’s Alternatives
- Later Value for Money – Which Alternative gives you more accounts, features and pending posts per $
- Later Ease of Use – Easier
- Later Team Functionality
- Final Thoughts – pick the best alternative based on the average best position
Later Alternatives for Different Social Media Platforms
Later offers social media scheduling and content marketing for Instagram. It is solely focused on Instagram as a social platform which means that for marketers who need a marketing platform that serves Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Vkontakte and Pinterest among others, Later will not be ideal.
Best Later Alternatives for Facebook
Later works well for Facebook. However, it focuses a lot on Instagram marketing and lacks some great features like analytics for post performance. For marketers looking for a Facebook solution for content scheduling and marketing, these 3 Later alternatives will be great for that:
- Postfity – Publish directly or schedule posts to your Facebook pages without any hustle. It is fast and easy to set up. Track your social media posts on the content calendar to see your schedule content in one calendar view. You can also manage several profiles in various social groups.
- Hootsuite – Publish both videos and posts or schedule to publish later. Monitor engagement and track the performance of your posts to measure your marketing results.
- Kontentino – Get approval from clients on social media content, schedule to publish and also manage Facebook ads.
Best Later Alternatives for Twitter
If you are on the lookout for Later alternatives to use for Twitter marketing, the following 3 solutions will do a good job.
- Postfity – Post instantly or schedule to Twitter simply and faster on either your personal profile or business page. Track everything in your social media content calendar. Also allows you to manage multiple Twitter profiles in various teams or social groups. Try it for free now!
- Hootsuite – Share and schedule posts or videos to your Twitter personal and business profiles while tracking engagement and monitoring performance of posts.
- Buffer – Publish instantly or schedule tweets while tracking the performance of the tweets.
Best Later Alternatives for Instagram
Later is great for Instagram marketing. However, if you are shopping for alternatives the following platforms are great as well:
- Hootsuite – Publish instantly to Instagram through the Hootsuite web app or mobile application or schedule posts for publishing later. Keep track of hashtags and customer conversations from your Hootsuite account to track engagement. Measure how your posts are performing and the effectiveness of your content strategy.
- Buffer – Allows you to publish or schedule posts to your Instagram stories or page by sending a notification to you mobile with everything you need for publishing. Link in bio capabilities help direct users to shoppable user pages, and create, save or organize hashtags.
Best Later Alternatives for LinkedIn
Later does not work for LinkedIn marketing. The following alternatives will help for LinkedIn marketing:
- Postfity – Post to private profiles and business pages. Enables editing of thumbnail and snippet of links with ability to change picture, titles and the description. Track Linkedin scheduled posts in the social media content calendar.
- Hootsuite – You can schedule posts to Linkedin profiles and pages. It also enables you to schedule or publish videos, target posts by job function, industry, location among other parameters, promote sponsored content, track audience analytics and engagement.
- Planable – Schedule posts for LinkedIn pages and profiles and plan everything in a calendar.
Best Later Alternatives for Vkontakte
Vkontakte (VK) is a popular Russian social media network. For businesses who would like to schedule their content to publish automatically on VK, Later does not support this social network.
Therefore, the best Later alternative to help is:
Postfity – supports content planning and scheduling to Vkontakte.
You can publish or schedule posts on Vkontakte to:
- Private profiles
- Business profiles
- Groups that you manage
- Your events
Later Pricing – Cheaper Later’s Alternatives
Later’s pricing starts from a free package for 1 user with one social set and the ability to schedule upto 30 posts per social profile. A social set includes 4 profiles on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. The paid plan starts at $12.5 per month for one user and 60 social media posts per profile.
If you are looking for something more advantageous while being reasonably priced, consider the following alternatives:
- Postfity – starts at $9.99 per month for 1 user, 15 social accounts and 100 pending posts. Maxes out at $79.99 per month for Agencies, 200 users, 200 social accounts and 10,000 pending posts.
- Hootsuite – starts at $19 per month for 1 user, 10 social profiles and unlimited scheduling upto $599 for 10 users, 35 social profiles and unlimited scheduling.
- Buffer – starts at $15 per month for 1 user, 8 social accounts and 100 scheduled posts upto $99 per month for 6 users, 25 social channels and 2,000 scheduled posts.
In considering cheaper Later alternatives, take into account the cost versus value that each platform provides. Later plans start at $12.5 per month for a single user with only 4 social profiles while Postfity starts at $9.99 per month with 15 social media profiles and support for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Vkontakte. This translates to $0.39 per social media profile on Postfity as compared to $4.1 per social media profile on Later.
Postfity pricing page
Postfity’s starter plan also allows 100 scheduled posts making it very affordable for the marketer who wants the best bung for their buck.
Later Value for Money – Which Alternative gives you more accounts, features and pending posts per $
Later’s starter package allows you to have only one set of social profiles which means you have 1 Instagram, 1 Pinterest, 1 Facebook, and 1 Twitter profile. That makes for only 4 social accounts. You can also only schedule 60 posts in total per month with 1 user access.
In comparison, Postfity allows you to have multiple social accounts with a limit of 15 social profiles for the starter plan at $9.99. You can have multiple accounts of the same social network without limits of 1 account per social profile. In addition, you get 100 scheduled posts every month.
This makes Postfity the better value for money based on the maximum number of accounts and number of scheduled/pending posts you can set up. However, Postfity has more features within the starter plan. These include:
- Precise posts scheduling
- “Post now” – fast publishing to multiple social accounts at once
- Built-in image editor
- Browser extension
- Calendar view
- Post Ideas – interesting and trending posts suggestions
- Covers scheduling – up to 7 covers scheduled at once
- Link shortener
On account of all these features Postfity maintains a very affordable $9.99 per month. As if that is not enough, it is far cheaper if you take the yearly plan at $99.9 per year. This means you only pay for 10 months.
In terms of pending posts per $1, Later costs $0.21 per scheduled post, while Postfity costs $0.09 per scheduled post. Again, there is more value for money by using Postfity as compared to Later and its other alternatives.
Later Ease of Use – Easier Alternatives
The initial setup process for Later is quite cumbersome. After creating an account, if you want to schedule posts for Instagram you have to download an app. This is okay because of Instagram’s terms of service that prevent direct publishing from 3rd party applications.
However, the cumbersome nature of this workflow is experienced when connecting and trying to schedule to Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. You have to download the Later mobile app for scheduling to any social network.
Compared to most other content scheduling tools including Postfity, this is quite unnecessary. In addition, the mobile app reviews for Later have an overall rating of 2.4 out of 5 on android mobile showing that lots of users are quite dissatisfied with the tool.
On Postfity, Hootsuite, Planable and Buffer, you just need to connect your Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts to begin scheduling content. You are only required to download a mobile application if you schedule to Instagram due to the instagram policy. This makes Postfity and the other Later alternative tools much easier to use for other social networks as compared to Later.
Later Team Functionality
Later enables users in a team to work together scheduling content on the platform. However, it only allows a maximum of 15 additional users for any plan. This means that large teams of 25 users and above will not be able to use Later.
- Postfity – allows upto 20 teams and 200 members ($79.99 per month).
- Hootsuite – allows 10 users for the business plan ($599 per month) and unlimited users for enterprise with custom billing
- Publer – allows unlimited number of users but charges monthly fee for any additional user. (e.g 200 users is $190 per month on silver or $380 per month on gold plan)
This makes Postfity the most ideal tool for team functionality and price.
It is capable of handling both large and small teams without costing too high.
In conclusion – while Later is surely a good choice if you’re looking for a tool for Instagram only – there are better options if you’re looking for a more comprehensive solution.
Try Postfity for free tonight!