Hashtags on LinkedIn are quite new – they were introduced in 2018. LinkedIn Hashtags work differently than on Instagram and Twitter – you can use them in your articles (up to 5) and ‘updates’ (posts). It is not possible to add or edit hashtags after posting.
- Go to ‘Hashtags trending in your network’ to discover the relevant hashtags for your audience – choose ‘My Network’ and then ‘See all’ under the ‘Hashtag’ section.
- Do not use more than 5 hashtags in your posts.
- Alternate between the popular or trending hashtags and niche ‘long-tailed’ hashtags.
- Look for business hashtags – see our best business hashtags
- If you have a local business use some location-related hashtags
- Look for hashtag inspiration in LinkedIn’s suggested hashtags – the social medium will suggest the best hashtags based on your content.
And that’s basically it! Now to make sure you post on LinkedIn consistently – go to your Postfity FREE app and schedule a few posts!