Why should you consider running a Christmas giveaway? Well, a Christmas giveaway is a time-honored tradition that will help you create buzz, generate excitement in your company’s social media channels, and establish your brand as an innovator in the marketplace. This promotional campaign is used in order to increase awareness of a company’s product or service. The intention is always to create buzz and get people talking about the business. This might be especially profitable before Christmas time.
A Christmas giveaway can be either online or in-store. But before you get too excited about this idea, consider the following things:
- How are you going to carry it (Christmas post ideas)
- The type of retailer you are (online or brick-and-mortar)
- The budget you have available for the giveaway (how much money will this cost?)
- The kind of product lines that you carry (are they kids clothes or adult accessories?)
Steps to Successfully Run a Christmas Giveaway
A Christmas giveaway is a great way to increase customer loyalty and engagement. It can also help your brand stand out from competitors, especially during the holiday season when there are so many marketing campaigns going on. Giving away prizes makes customers feel more involved with your brand, and it is a great way to create buzz around your business. There are a few do’s and don’ts that you should avoid when running a Christmas giveaway, including:
- Don’t spam or annoy customers by sending them emails or text messages about the contest without their permission – no one likes spammers, don’t send spam messages to your customers, but also don’t post about the giveaways too much, one reminder is probably enough
- Do come up with Christmas post ideas beforehand – it is good to have everything under control, plan your post ideas in advance so that when the time comes, all you have to do is just post it. You can do it easily with Postfity.
- Don’t leave everything until the very last minute – it is simply not going to work well.
- Do plan this campaign in advance – plan your campaign beforehand and take care of all the details. Remember about your goals and try to realize them through this campaign.
Examples of Christmas post ideas – giveaways
If you struggle to come up with the right ideas, you can always google it and find some good examples. You can also use an online tool such as Postfity which helps you with Christmas post ideas. But now, let’s take a look at a few interesting brands which carried out Christmas giveaways in the past few years.
This pub has announced 12 days Christmas Giveaway and just look how much engagement it brought!
Another great example – Risata Wines. In 2019 they organized a giveaway on their Facebook page. It boosted their page engagement a lot! Look at the numbers. There are 274 shares and over 3 thousand comments! That’s a lot, and that’s how you can reach out new to customers.
And the last one from Giant Singapore. They picked 5 lucky shoppers and challenged them this Christmas to buy 10 gifts for their loved ones at their store! Then they made a video. Those kinds of stories are touching, and people can get very emotional, which means they will remember your brand for longer.
Christmas post ideas
Sometimes it might be difficult to find ideas for posts, especially during such a busy time. However, if you decide to join Postfity, you will get access to plenty of Christmas post ideas. Thanks to Social Tips Calendar and Post Ideas, you can plan your feed for every day using only one button. I will show you how it looks like.
As you can see, thanks to this great tool, you can schedule ready-to-use posts with only one click. It is that easy and simple. But there is even more! Postfity offers more useful tools. Thanks to Postfity you can:
- plan and publish to multiple profiles directly on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, VKontakte, Google My Business, and Pinterest;
- create drafts and a waiting list for up to 10,000 posts on social media;
- use the calendar view to manage your posts, publish and schedule posts for each day of the month;
- collaborate with your team, assign different levels of access, and submit packages for approval;
- publish photos and videos on your profile;
- edit your photos or create new images using the built-in image editor (you can also use it for your Christmas post ideas changing simple photos into more Christmas-looking ones)
- add a watermark to your photos using the built-in tool;
- create snapshots of your posts for sharing on Pinterest and other social media;
- link to multiple pages at the same time using MyList.bio;
- save and add a group of relevant hashtags using the snippets feature;
- use the ideas and the social tips calendar with ready-to-use texts, hashtags, and images to increase engagement of your audience on a daily basis.
It might be difficult to find Christmas post ideas, however, you can always get inspired with helpful tools such as Postfity or simply going online. Christmas giveaways campaign might be a great opportunity to get more engagement and gain new customers. Therefore, it might be worth trying it.