Why some accounts might be verified on Instagram and others cannot? What does it depend on? Is it really necessary?
Many people are wondering what does Instagram verification mean, and what is it for. Actually, verification is not a must be, however, it’s well seen if you want your public account to look professional and reliable. Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions regarding the topic of Instagram account verification:
What does it mean?
Being verified means your account has been confirmed as authentic by Instagram. This helps people avoid imposters and easily find the brands or public figures they want to follow. Verified accounts have a little blue check mark beside their name.
Can anyone get the verification?
Not really. According to Forbes, there are three ways of getting the status:
- fame – the more followers you have, the easier it is to be verified
- money – you may pay Instagram in order to be verified, but it’s a pretty expensive option
- contacts – if you know someone working for Instagram, then you are very lucky!
BUT, that does not mean that you cannot try to get the verification anyway. In order to do so, first, check Instagram’s Community Guidelines. Later, make sure, that your account is:
How to make your profile good enough in order to get the verification?
1. Be coherent with your communication
Instagram is all about visual images, which means that good and coherent content is a key to success. Be consistent and coherent, and after a while, you will see the results.
2. Promote your profile on other social media profiles
Every time you write a new and strong post on Instagram, do not forget to link it with other social media profiles! It helps you to improve the whole brand and shows that you really have a “big picture” of your communication.
3. Interact with people
Do not forget that Instagram users are real people willing to interact with each other. Keeping this in mind, prepare the content that is a cause to start networking ;)
Leading brand in this way of getting people’s attention is Airbnb.
Describing each person personal story and showing each place from the inside, they get even more engagement. Additionally, we all love to travel and discovering new places trough Instagram is so easy nowadays, isn’t it?
4. Write a strong bio
This is the first visible thing when someone enters your profile, so make sure that your description will be attractive enough!
Here are some example of good, motivational bios, which might be an inspiration for you:
- When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, then show life that you have thousand reasons to smile.
- It’s not about the destination. It’s about the journey. Enjoy your ride.
- Simplicity is the key to brilliance.
- The happiest people make best out of everything.
- They cry because they have been strong for too long.
- Life is better when you are laughing.
- Better an oops than a what if.
- Don’t be afraid to be the full package.
- Make peace and keep on.
- Keeping it simple and living life with zero regrets.
5. Regularity is a key
This is when Postfity may make it easier for you! With our help, you may schedule everything before and do not worry about missing any post. If you are still wondering how our app works with Instagram, have a look here.
So, how many of you have a verified Instagram profile?