This policy describes the information we collect and process in order to provide Postfity services.
What kinds of information do we collect?
To provide the Postfity Services, we must process information about you. The types of information we collect depend on how you use our Services. You can learn how to access and delete information we collect by reading this document.
Things you and other users do and provide:
- Information and content you provide. We collect content, communication and other information you provide when you use our Services, including when you sign-up for the account, create, publish or comment on posts through Postfity.
- Your usage. We collect information about how you use our Services, such as which functionality or features you use, the actions you take and the time and the frequency of such usage. This kind of data helps us with improving our Services.
- Information about transactions made on our Products. You are in charge of your Postfity subscription, we collect information about the transactions and payments. This includes payment information, account and authentication information; and shipping, billing and contact details. This does not include informations such as your credit or debit card number and other card information. These informations are stored by our payment gateway providers – PayPal and PayLane.com.
- Things other users do and information they provide about you. We also analyze content, communications and information other users provide about you. This may include information, for example when other users send you an invitation to their team or posts for approval.
As described below, we collect information from and about the computers and mobile devices connected and using our Services. For example we use the information collected to limit potential issues you may experiencing with our Services across various devices, or to identify unused or favourite features, or to prevent from unauthorized access, or to increase application’s performance.
Information we obtain from these devices includes:
- Device attributes: Information such as operating system and it’s version, device type (e.g., mobile, tablet), network provider, language setting, version and browser type.
- Network and connections: Information such as time zone and IP address
- Identifiers: Unique identifiers or device IDs associated with the same device or account.
- Cookie and similar technologies data: Data from cookies and localstorage stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
How do we use this information?
Provide, personalize and improve our Services.
We use the information we have to deliver our Services, personalize features and make suggestions for you (such as features you might be interested in using or have not used).
Additionally, we use the information we have to develop, test and improve our Services, including by testing and troubleshooting new products and features, and conducting surveys and research,.
Provide analytics, measurement, and other services.
We use the information we have to verify and analyze effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Promote security, safety and integrity.
We use the collected information to verify accounts and their activity, detect and prevent spam and other bad experiences. We also use data we collect to investigate suspicious activity or violations of our policies and terms.
Communicate with you.
We use the information we have to communicate with you about our Services, and let you know about our policies and terms. We use it also to to send you marketing communications and to respond to you when you contact us using our support page or any other contact channel.
How is this information shared?
Your information is shared with others in the following ways:
Within Postfity Services:
People and accounts you share and communicate with
When you use our Services, you choose, who can have access to the content you manage e.g. when you use our Teams feature and invite other members to your teams.
Sharing with Third-Party Partners
We work with third-party partners who help us provide and improve our Services. We don’t sell any of your information to anyone, and we never will. We also impose strict restrictions on how our partners can use and disclose the data we provide. Here are the types of third parties we share information with:
- Partners delivering aggregated statistics of your usage We provide our partners with anonymised and not-anonymised data about your usage and activity to better understand your behaviour and analyzing your experience.
- Advertisers We provide our advertising partners with some of your data (for example cookies) to promote our own content and services and to better personalize advertisement you see on social media.
- Law enforcement or legal requests We share information with law enforcement or in response to legal requests of the laws established within the country of our offices (more information about our offices and how to contact us in general, are at the end of the document).
- Billing data We share information with third-party company to invoicing you.
What is our legal basis for processing data?
We collect, use and share the data that we have in the ways described below:
- as necessary to fulfill our Postfity Terms of Service
- consistent with your consent, which you may revoke at any time through the Settings Page of your Postfity Account
- to protect your vital interests, or those of others;
- as necessary to comply with our legal obligations
- as necessary for our (or others’) legitimate interests, including our interests in providing an innovative, safe, personalized and profitable service to our users and partners, unless those interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of personal data.
How can you exercise your rights provided under the GDPR?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to access, port, rectify and erase your data.
You can exercise those rights either by using appropriate function available under your account Settings page at Postfity (https://panel.postfty.com/settings), or by contacting us directly (check contact section below).
You also have the right to object to and restrict certain processing of your data. This includes the right to object to our processing of your data for direct marketing, which you can exercise by using the “unsubscribe” link in such marketing communications.
Data retention, account deactivation and deletion
We store data until it is no longer necessary to provide our Services or until your account is deleted – whichever comes first.
Billing data will be stored for ten (10) years starting from the day of purchase, to comply with applicable legal accounting requirements.
How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
We’ll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised policy before you choose to continue using our Products.
Changes to this policy
Do Not Track policy
Postfity does not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use our Service.
How to contact Postfity
The data controller responsible for your information is Websee, which you can contact online, or by mail at:
Last update of this page: 2018.05.24