Hootsuite is one of the most popular social media content marketing tools that helps with content planning, scheduling and analytics to gauge content performance. It is one of the earliest scheduling tools to ever grace the internet. Even with its robustness, it is not clear of demerits. For marketers who are looking for Hootsuite alternatives, this article will compare Hootsuite against other tools to find the best alternative.
The best Hootsuite alternative for you depends on what you need:
- more social media accounts,
- more scheduled posts (a.k.a. “pending posts”),
- cheaper monthly plans overall,
- …or more user-friendly interface.
We have examined the pricing of three Hootsuite alternatives: Buffer, Postfity, and Sendible from 7 different perspectives:
- Alternatives for Different Social Media Platforms
- Number of accounts per plan
- Number of scheduled posts (pending posts) per plan
- Price per month
- Average price per one account
- Average price per one pending post
- Team Functionality
- Value for money
Hootsuite Alternatives for Different Social Media Platforms
Hootsuite supports scheduling to the following social media platforms:
Best Hootsuite Alternatives for Facebook
Hootsuite supports scheduling posts to Facebook pages. It comes with an analytics tool that helps to monitor content performance and the ability to engage with followers directly from the Hootsuite platform.
For content marketers who are looking for alternatives to Hootsuite for Facebook, these 3 options can be considered:
- Postfity — supports scheduling to Facebook pages. You can bulk upload up to 10,000 posts for scheduling to multiple Facebook accounts. Postfity also allows you to schedule up to 100 Facebook Covers and comes with an inbuilt graphic editor for improving your visuals before scheduling or posting. The content calendar helps you keep track of your content schedule in one single view. Try Postfity for free today!
- Sendible — supports content scheduling to Facebook pages. The content planner helps you collaborate with your team to produce great content while the analytics section gives you performance metrics for your content marketing efforts.
- Buffer — enables scheduling posts and videos to Facebook pages. Comes with an analytics section that helps you stay on track of your content performance.
Best Hootsuite Alternatives for Twitter
Hootsuite supports scheduling to Twitter profiles. You can schedule images, videos, text and GiFs without any hustle. The content performance analytics gives you data you need to improve your content efforts.
If you are looking for Hootsuite alternatives for Twitter, these options below will do:
- Postfity — schedule up to 10,000 tweets to multiple Twitter profiles at once. You can upload in bulk and set to post later. The content ideas calendar is great for inspiring your team with content ideas.
- Sendible — supports scheduling content to several Twitter profiles. The content calendar helps you keep track of your publishing schedule in one central view.
- Buffer — supports scheduling and publishing to Twitter profiles with an analytics platform that gives you insight into your content’s performance.
Best Hootsuite Alternatives for Instagram
Hootsuite is one of the best platforms for scheduling directly to Instagram profiles. You can plan and schedule content to Instagram business profiles, monitor performance and engage with your followers from the Hootsuite platform.
If you are looking for alternatives to Hootsuite for Instagram, check out the following 3 options:
- Postfity — schedule and publish to multiple Instagram business profiles directly via desktop. You don’t need to worry about missing mobile push notifications or integrating with Zapier to get your content published. In addition, you can manage a team on Postfity and assign different approval levels for content approvals. You can schedule up to 10,000 posts.
- Sendible — schedule content to publish directly to Instagram business profiles. The content calendar keeps you abreast of your pending posts in one single view.
- Buffer — supports scheduling directly to Instagram business profiles. A powerful analytics section also shows you content metrics to improve content performance.
Best Hootsuite Alternatives for LinkedIn
You can schedule content to post on LinkedIn pages, track the content schedule through the calendar, and monitor content performance to find gaps for improvement.
For content marketing professionals looking for Hootsuite alternatives, here are the best options:
- Postfity — schedule up to 10,000 posts to multiple LinkedIn pages and personal profiles. The content calendar helps you stay on track of your content schedule in one central view. You can view content ideas calendar for inspiration and manage a team with different approval levels.
- Sendible — supports scheduling to LinkedIn pages. The content calendar helps with content planning and keeping track of your content schedule.
- Buffer — schedule content to LinkedIn pages and profiles. The analytics feature helps you understand how your content is performing inorder to improve it.
Best Hootsuite Alternatives for Vkontakte
Hootsuite does not support Vkontakte. However, for content marketers who are looking for alternatives, here is a great option:
- Postfity — supports scheduling content to multiple Vkontakte pages, groups, events and private profiles. You can schedule up to 10,000 posts. It comes with an in-built graphical editor to improve your visuals, a content calendar to help you keep track of your content schedule and the ability to manage a team with different approval levels.
Cheaper Hootsuite Alternatives if you need more social media accounts – Postfity
Postfity comes with the ability to manage up to 15 social media accounts in it’s smallest paid plan of $14.99 per month. Hootsuite only allows 10 social accounts in its smallest paid plan that costs $19 per month.
Cheaper Hootsuite Alternatives if you need more scheduled (pending) posts — Postfity/Buffer
Nothing beats Hootsuite’s unlimited pending posts — however, if you’re looking for a generous scheduling allowance, Postfity and Buffer come pretty close – offering 100 pending posts in the lowest plan. Postfity is a bit cheaper than Buffer though – $14.99 for 100 posts.
Also, if you have a larger agency — Postfity beats all the social media schedulers in our roundup – with 10,000 pending posts in the Agency plan for only $ 119.99 per month! You will never run out of your allowance that way.
Cheaper Hootsuite Alternatives if you need better price per month in general – Postfity
With pricing starting at only $14.99 per month (and ending at $119.99 per month in the monthly plan – and you get 2 months for FREE when you pay annually!) Postfity is much cheaper than other cheaper Hootsuite alternatives — Buffer ($5-10 per 1 account) and Sendible ($29 – $299).
Take your social management to the next level.
Find out the best plan for you:
recommended for most teams
- 200 social accounts
- 10000 Pending Posts
- 20 teams / 200 members
recommended for most users
- 30 social accounts
- 1000 Pending Posts
- 1 team / 10 members
recommended for beginners
- 15 social accounts
- 100 Pending Posts
- All prices are in USD and include VAT.
- 14 days money back guarantee!
Not decided yet? Start free trial!
- Valid for 30 days
- Up to 5 social accounts
- Up to 10 scheduled posts
Cheaper Hootsuite Alternatives if you need better price per one account — Postfity, followed by Sendible, followed by Buffer
Well, we hate to blow our own trumpet, but if you calculate the price per account — Postfity is cheaper than the other Hootsuite alternatives and cheaper than most social media schedulers in general.
With prices per account (in the monthly plan) starting at only $1, Postfity is much cheaper than Buffer or Sendible.
Cheaper Hootsuite Alternatives if you need better price per pending post -… Postfity, followed by Buffer, followed by Sendible
Postfity is also much cheaper when it comes to the number of posts you can schedule with it — aka the pending posts. You can schedule up to 100 posts for $14.99 and up to 10,000 for $119.99 per month – which basically means the price per pending post in the mothly plan can be as low as $0.008. Buffer gives you an unlimited number of posts, but you pay $5-10 per account.
Cheaper Hootsuite Alternatives if you need better user-friendliness — Postfity
The matter of ‘user-friendliness’ is of course subjective but…well, see the screenshots yourself to find out what I mean
If you like working with a calendar, Postfity allows you to add posts directly from the calendar — in monthly, weekly and daily view. It also has post ideas, analytics, and easy access to all features from a top menu.
Cheaper Hootsuite Alternatives if you need team functionality — Postfity
Postfity supports really large teams as compared to Buffer and Sendible. For the mid-tier plan, Postfity supports 1 team of 10 users for $44.99 per month while it supports 20 teams of 200 users in the largest plan for just $119.99 per month.
In comparison, as regards Buffer, for the same number of accounts as in the Postfity Agency plan, you would have to pay 2000$ per month. Sendible supports 7 users for $199 per month in its largest plan, and Hootsuite’s $599 per month plan only supports 5-10 users.
Cheaper Hootsuite Alternatives if you need better value for money in general — Postfity
All in all, as you can see from the table above — Postfity is by far the cheapest of the cheaper Hootsuite alternatives when it comes to the price per plan, per number of pending posts and accounts you can connect. That doesn’t mean the other alternatives are not good as well — some of them have more advanced functionalities, such as analytics. But when it comes to money matters, Postfity can give you the core social media scheduler functionality (scheduling posts to social media accounts) at the best price.
Try Postfity for free today!